10 Sales tips - here are 10 quick tips you can use as a sales-generator for your
1. Get in the habit of sending at least five hand written
notes every day. Be sure you send a note to anyone (internal and external customers)
who helps you make a sale. To add a touch of class use a fountain pen with blue
2. To free up your hands and to add significant energy to
every phone call use a headset to make and take telephone calls.
Plantronics offers a complete selection of styles to choose from.
3. Another telephone tip is to use a 5 X 7 mirror positioned
next to your telephone to make sure you're smiling throughout the entire call.
It makes a huge difference.
4. If you are a MapQuest.com user you might want to try
http://maps.google.com, which I believe
has a better service.
5. This is one of the best of the 10 sales tips. Never ask
the question, "How soon do you need it?" Common responses to that question include,
"Yesterday, ASAP, today, and right away." The response to this question usually
puts you into a reactive mode.
6. Use a timer, when working in your office, to measure
how much time you're spending on phone calls and to allocate sufficient time
for projects you need to get done.
7. Establish a written sales goal, expressed in dollars,
for every selling day!
8. Invest 15 minutes every day to prepare a written prioritized
plan for the day.
9. Invest 15 minutes every day to read a book or to listen
to a CD to increase your competitive advantage.
10. Make every day a masterpiece is another one of my favorites
from this list of 10 sales tips. . William Watson Purkey says it best when he
Dance like nobody's watching;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Sing like nobody's listening
Live like it's heaven on earth.
Please don't send me an e-mail telling me Mark Twain is
the author of
this - Purkey is!
These sales tips are little things, but of course you know
in sales - little things mean everything!